At a glance
While credit card promotions can be very attractive, knowing how to manage credit card bills is crucial. Singapore banks like DBS, UOB, and OCBC offer various payment methods for quick payments. Use options across major Singapore banks, from online banking in the comfort of your home to physical AXS machines or simply setting up auto deductions through GIRO. Standard Chartered Bank also allows one to pay using cash deposit machines. Also, learn how to pay your credit card bills on time by establishing payment routines and setting reminders. It’s also a reminder to maintain a healthy credit score, offering solutions such as seeking professional help if you are in debt.
In today’s financial landscape, credit cards offer attractive deals like bonus miles and up to 10% cashback, turning every transaction into a rewarding experience. However, timely payment of your credit card bills is crucial to avoid hefty interest charges associated with late payments, akin to those on personal loans.
Managing monthly expenses can be challenging, and credit card payments demand particular attention to avoid heavy fines associated with missed deadlines. This article provides useful tips and guidance on paying your credit card bills, particularly for major Singapore banks like DBS, UOB, OCBC, etc.
Various Methods to Pay Credit Card Bills
In Singapore, making credit card payments promptly is essential to avoid late interest charges, fees, and potential damage to your credit score.
Here are various methods to pay your credit card bills in Singapore:
- Online and Mobile Banking: Most Singapore banks offer these services for convenient bill payment from anywhere, anytime. The only requirements are an internet banking account, with just internet access and your login details.
- Other Bank’s Internet Banking: If you need to pay your credit card bills using a bank account from a different bank, it’s easy to do so. Utilise online banking of other banks for credit card bill payment through Fast and Secure Transfers (FAST).
- ATM: Banks in Singapore provide ATM services for credit card bill payments if your card is affiliated with that bank.
- GIRO: Set up a GIRO arrangement for automatic monthly bill payments, ensuring you never miss a deadline. For those handling multiple credit cards, giro may be the easiest way not to forget a deadline.
- Cash Deposit Machines: Banks like Standard Chartered have machines for immediate credit card bill payment in cash. This is a good option for those who prefer to use cash.
Different Banks and Their Payment Methods.
Each bank offers specific payment methods for their credit cards. We’ve summarised how you can pay via multiple channels for the local banks in Singapore.
- DBS: Utilize their Digibank Mobile app or other methods like online banking, FAST payments, DBS/POSB ATMs, AXS Stations, or GIRO.
- UOB: Options include phone banking, personal internet banking, the UOB TMRW app, ATMs, AXS stations, and GIRO.
- OCBC: Pay through their mobile app or online banking.
- Standard Chartered: Offers online or mobile banking, FAST payments, and cash deposit machines.
- Citibank: Payment can be made via mobile and internet banking or other banks’ online platforms via FAST.
DBS Credit Card Payment Methods
You have several options to pay your DBS credit card bill, including online or mobile banking, FAST payments, and AXS machines.
- To pay your credit card bill on Digibank Mobile, log in using Touch ID/Face ID or your Digibank User ID and PIN. Then, select “Cards” in the Home area, choose your credit card, and tap “Pay Card Bill”. You can select from “Pay Minimum”, “Pay Outstanding”, or “Pay Other Amount”. After choosing your “Fund Source”, enter the amount you wish to pay and tap “Next”. Review the transfer and click “Transfer Now” to submit your payment.
- For Digibank Online, log in with your User ID and PIN, complete authentication with your digital token, and under Pay, select “Pay DBS or POSB Credit Cards”. Choose “Modify Search”, select the card account, click on “Pay Card”, choose the debiting account, enter the amount, verify your information, and click “Submit” to complete the transaction. To use other banks’ Internet Banking via FAST Payment, log into your non-DBS/POSB Internet banking account, select Funds Transfer, add FAST if needed, set the receiver to DBS BANK LTD with your 15 or 16-digit DBS/POSB credit card number, enter the payment amount, and complete the FAST Payment form. Payments via FAST are almost instantly received.
- For DBS/POSB ATM payments, insert your ATM, debit, or credit card, enter your PIN, press More Services, select Credit Card/Bill Payment, choose DBS AMEX/MASTER/VISA, enter the Bill Reference Number and amount, and select “Confirm”. Payments made before 11.30 p.m. on weekdays or 8 p.m. on the last working day of the month will be credited the next working day. To use AXS Station, AXS e-Station, AXS m-Station, or AXS QuickBill, follow the instructions provided on their respective platforms. Payments made before 4.55 p.m. from Monday to Friday are credited the next working day; those made after 4.55 p.m. on Fridays and weekends are credited on the second working day./li>
- Finally, for Interbank GIRO, use GIRO to automatically pay your monthly DBS/POSB credit card charge, referring to “Set up GIRO Payment for DBS/POSB Credit Card Bill” for setup. Payments made via Interbank GIRO are credited by the third working day.
UOB Credit Card Payment Methods
You have several options to pay your UOB credit card bill, including online or mobile banking, FAST payments, and AXS machines.
- To pay your credit card bill via UOB Phone Banking, call 1800 222 2121, available 24 hours. For Personal Internet Banking, use your UOB Personal Internet Banking to settle your credit card bills. With UOB TMRW, once logged in, select “Pay Bills” on the app, choose the credit card symbol under Biller Categories, select your credit card for repayment, fill in the payment details and amount, and swipe to confirm. If you want to save the information for future transfers, select “Add to Favourites” before confirming.
- For ATM payments, select “UOB Credit Card Payment” from the Select Transaction menu, choose DBS/POSB/OCBC Account from the Make Payment Screen, and press ENTER to accept the terms and conditions. Then, choose either to insert your UOB credit card or enter its number, add the payment amount, insert your DBS, POSB, or OCBC card, select the “Current or Savings” account option, and enter your card’s PIN. The payment is completed upon successful confirmation and a receipt is issued.
- When paying via AXS Stations, select “UOB” under “Finance” in the top menu, choose “Pay bills with UOB Visa or Mastercard”, select the services to pay for, complete the required fields, and perform the payment. Enter your credit card information, review and confirm the details and amount, then click “Proceed to Pay” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To use GIRO for payments, you can make the minimum payment or pay the full credit card balance by completing the GIRO form.
OCBC Credit Card Payment Methods
You have two convenient options to pay your OCBC credit card bill: using their mobile app or online banking.
- For the Mobile App method, start by logging into the OCBC mobile app. Then, select “Pay” from the menu in the upper left corner. Next, tap “Bill Payment” and choose “Billing organisation”. Proceed to tap on “Single bill payment”, select the billing organisation, enter your bill reference number, and slide to submit your payment. Before finalising, it’s important to review the payment details for accuracy. On the Payment Confirmation screen, you can choose “Add this billing organisation” to save the details for future transactions.
- When using Online Banking, log in to the OCBC online banking platform using your access code and PIN. Navigate to the bill payment section by clicking “Payments and transfers”, then select “Pay bills”. Under the “Who would you like to pay today?” section, opt for “Pay billing organisation” to set up your single bill payment details. As with the mobile app, review your payment details thoroughly before confirming the transaction.
SCB Credit Card Payment Methods
You have several options to pay your Standard Chartered credit card bill, including online or mobile banking, FAST payments, and using cash deposit machines.
- For Online Banking or Mobile Banking, first, log in to Standard Chartered Online Banking or Mobile Banking. If using online banking, click “Pay SC Credit Cards” under the Transfers & Payments section. Select “Pay Credit Card” under the Pay & Transfer option for those using the SC mobile app. Then, choose the credit card you wish to pay and follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- If you prefer FAST Payments, log in to another bank’s online banking platform. Select the Funds Transfer option and input your 16-digit Standard Chartered Credit Card number as the FAST payee. Then, use the FAST money transfer service to pay your Standard Chartered Credit card.
- Alternatively, you can use Cash Deposit Machines. At the machine, select the “Credit Card Repayment” option. Enter your Standard Chartered Credit Card’s 16-digit number. You will be shown either the Minimum Amount Due or the Outstanding Balance that needs to be paid. Insert the correct amount of cash in the cash slot to complete the transaction.
Citibank Credit Card Payment Methods
Paying your Citibank credit card bill can be done conveniently through mobile and internet banking. Additionally, you can use other banks’ online banking platforms via FAST for payment.
- For Mobile Banking, begin by signing in to the Citi Mobile App. In your Account Dashboard, click on the Citi Credit Card or Citi Ready Credit Card you wish to make a payment for. To pay your Citi Credit Card, select “Pay Card” and then choose or enter the amount you want to pay. For the Citi Ready Credit Card, select “Make Payment” followed by “Cards, Bills & Loans”, then go to the “Loans” tab and enter your preferred amount. Choose your desired Citibank account under “From account” to make the payment to your Citi Credit Card or Citi Ready Credit Card.
- If you’re using Internet Banking, log in to Citibank Online Banking. Click “MAKE A PAYMENT” for the Citi Credit Card or Citi Ready Credit Card you want to pay, which is under your account dashboard. Under “MAKE A PAYMENT & TRANSFER”, choose your preferred Citibank account under “From account” to make a payment. Then, select or enter the amount you wish to pay.
- For FAST payments via other banks, log into the online banking system of the bank you’re using. Select the “Local / Fund Transfer” and, if available, the FAST transfer options. Choose “Citibank Singapore Ltd” as the receiver under payee information, and enter your account number, which is either the 16-digit credit card number or the 10-digit ready credit account number that begins with “1”. If required, authorise the setup and proceed to make the transfer.
Tips On Paying Your Credit Card Bills On Time
To ensure timely credit card payments and avoid late charges:
- Establish a Payment Schedule: Set specific dates for bill payments.
- Set Reminders: Utilize calendar notifications, apps, or email reminders.
- Automate Payments: Use online banking systems for automatic payments.
- Pay Above the Minimum: Reduce interest charges and build a good credit score.
- Use Rewards Card: Earn points or cashback while paying off your debt.
- Monitor Statements: Regularly check for inaccuracies or fraud.
If facing difficulties in paying off credit card debts, do consider:.
- Assessing your financial situation
- Contacting your credit card issuer for negotiation
- Prioritizing high-interest debts
- Exploring debt consolidation or balance transfer
- Seeking professional help, such as a Credit Counseling service or a financial advisor
- Avoiding new debt
- Staying consistent and persistent in repayments
It’s important to pay on time, especially regarding credit card bills. It will help you keep a healthy credit score. For those struggling with credit card debt, consider applying for a personal loan to prevent debt accumulation.
Carrying balances across multiple credit cards can lead to higher interest costs over time. ROSHI’s lending platform matches borrowers to consolidation loans designed to save money by rolling balances into a single payment. We work with reputable banks to offer borrowers multiple offers to fit their financial situations. Borrowers can review personalized rates and terms to find the best consolidation loan for paying down credit card debt more affordably. Our application process aims to provide borrowers an easy way to access and compare suitable consolidation loans without impacting their credit score.